SAN MATEO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–CCGroup, the market leader in reliably measuring physician efficiency, supports key components of value-based agreements using the company’s Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Innovator project. The CCGroup Innovator project allows access to all Medicare fee-for-service (FFS) claims through the CMS Virtual Research Data Center (VRDC) – including all acute care, post-acute care, physician visits, physician procedures, and pharmacy services for more than 38 million individuals each year. This includes all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
SAN MATEO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–CCGroup, the market innovator and leader in reliably measuring physician efficiency, is pleased to announce that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) approved our Innovator project to access all Medicare fee-for-service (FFS) claims through the CMS Virtual Research Data Center (VRDC). With this distinction, CCGroup gains access to all acute care, post-acute care, physician visits, physician procedures, and pharmacy services for more than 38 million individuals each year. This includes all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
SAN MATEO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–CCGroup published a 2016 press release stating that nationally over 230,000 primary care physicians (PCPs) and specialists are evaluated based on achieving acceptable clinical protocol ranges in treating medical conditions, or Clinical MedMarker Protocol Ranges™. “CCGroup works with CCGroup National Specialist Panels to develop and maintain the Clinical MedMarker Protocol Ranges™, which are achievable, appropriate ranges of clinical practice. This effort with our panels helps to ensure the validity of established Clinical MedMarker Protocol Ranges™,” stated Dr. Douglas G. Cave, President of CCGroup.”
SAN MATEO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–“CCGroup supports all three (3) ways our clients desire to drive towards high-value care,” stated Dr. Douglas G. Cave, President of CCGroup. One area of focus is bundles-of-care. The CMS Innovation Center introduced the Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) initiative as a way to improve performance accountability when actually performing the bundle of interest – and the current 48 bundles in BPCI are supported by CCGroup.
SAN MATEO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Primary care physicians (PCPs) need to become more active participants in treating the Top 10 medical conditions with significant practice variations. “Nationally, PCPs are solely involved in treating less than 25% of medical condition episodes with the most practice variations,” stated Dr. Douglas G. Cave, President of Cave Consulting Group (CCGroup). “And these medical conditions – such as low back pain, degenerative joint disease, headaches, sleep apnea, cataracts, and heartburn – drive well over 50% of all potential patient cost and quality improvements.”
Cave Consulting Group, Inc. (CCGroup) is a software and consulting company focused on improving the efficiency and effectiveness/quality in the healthcare delivery system. We recognize the need to address all components of medical trend (not just service price discounts), if cost-efficiency and effectiveness are to be improved and trend is to be controlled.
We believe market efficiency and effectiveness will be improved once practitioner and hospital efficiency and effectiveness are accurately and reliability measured, practitioners are informed of their performance results, and patients have knowledge of—or are directed to—the most efficient and effective practicing providers. Finally, we believe market efficiency and effectiveness will be improved once patients with unstable chronic medical conditions are accurately identified and properly managed.
Douglas G. Cave Ph.D, MPH
Douglas G. Cave Ph.D, MPH, President & Founder
Doug Cave is the founder of CCGroup, and oversees all aspects of the company’s operations, development and sales. Doug has served as CEO, President and COO of several healthcare companies. He has over 30 years of experience in the HMO, health insurance, pharmacy and physician-hospital organization industries, as well as over 20 years experience in consulting to these industries. He has also been involved in the large employer, employer coalition, TPA, utilization management, and disease management markets, and has published over 100 articles in academic and trade journals and performed numerous speaking engagements at healthcare and trade association meetings. Doug holds a Ph.D in Health Policy and Planning, as well as a Masters’ of Public Health in Infectious Disease Epidemiology.
Chief Operating Officer and Chief Information Officer
Yuri Alexandrian is responsible for CCGroup’s Product Development and Technology organizations and Operations team, including Account Management and Client Support. He is a seasoned healthcare technology leader with over 20 years of diverse healthcare and IT experience. Previously, he was a Vice President of Operations and Development at Fortune 16 McKesson Corporation, a leading healthcare company where he directed many enterprise-wide IT and eBusiness initiatives. Yuri obtained his MBA from Santa Clara University and his BS degree in Computer Engineering from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
John T. Calvin
Vice President of Clinical Systems
Director of Operations and Account Management
Kelah Nieto is responsible for day-to-day operational delivery activities, and overall client experience and satisfaction. Kelah consults with clients to ensure successful implementations and ongoing derived business value in use of CCGroup’s product suite. She has over 10 years of experience in healthcare, client relationship management, and project management. Kelah joined CCGroup in 2015 as an Account Manager where she provided excellent, quality service to her clients.
Manager of Business Development
Dr. Cynthia Fenton
The following CCGroup products are protected by patents in the United States. This website is provided to satisfy the virtual patent marking provisions of Section 16 of the America Invents Act. The following list of CCGroup products may not be all inclusive, and other CCGroup products not listed here may be protected by one or more patents.
Cave Grouper™, CCGroup EfficiencyCare™
About the Company
Company: Cave Consulting Group (CCGroup) is a financially stable, high growth healthcare software company focused on improving the efficiency and quality in the healthcare delivery system. CCGroup works with well-known and respected health plans and physician groups. Our area of focus crosses three key areas: physician efficiency measurement; physician quality/effectiveness measurement; and predictive modeling.
CCGroup is seeking a dynamic and detail oriented individual who is comfortable and savvy with analytics and technology and knowledgeable about the US healthcare delivery system. This individual must have an absolute commitment to customer service and be able to effectively guide clients in the strategic use of CCGroup’s products and services. Successful candidates will have excellent written and oral communication skills, be computer savvy, love problem-solving and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive learning opportunities
- Dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Performance based culture with excellent growth opportunities
- Team oriented workplace
- Provide client account management and support functions to ensure highest level of quality and client satisfaction
- Guide clients in strategic use of CCGroup products and develop short and long term client retention strategies for each client
- Lead clients through CCGroup software implementation
- Assist clients with analytic goal setting, data validation, and interpretation of outputs and reports from large claims-based data files
- Train clients on CCGroup products.
- Communicate professionally and at multiple levels within the client’s organization; anticipate client needs and correspond proactively
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills in English
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytic skills and problem solving abilities
- Proficiency in Excel and experience with other analytic tools
- Proficiency in PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel and experience with other analytic tools
- Highly-motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills in English.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly-motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task
To apply to any position please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Exempt position; salary commensurate with job experience; performance-based bonus; competitive benefits; location is San Mateo, California
Valid U.S. work permit required. Local candidates only. No relocation.
Example Project: Implement Disease Management Programs
We were involved in designing and implementing one of the first disease management programs in the country. The client was a multi-state, energy supply company. We worked closely with ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974) attorneys to ensure appropriate patient confidentiality, patient contact, program implementation, and program quality monitoring. We helped establish fiduciary standards and responsibilities. The initial two disease management programs–diabetes and asthma–were developed in 1992-1993 and implemented in 1993-1994.
- Developed a patented system that integrates all inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and prescription drug claims data into episodes of care by medical condition (Cave et al, Patent Number 5,970,463). The system was designed to accurately and reliability determine patients with chronic medical conditions, patients at high-risk for a future flare-up of their condition, and patients with an undiagnosed medical condition (e.g., diabetes, hypothyroidism, depression, migraine headaches).
- Worked with health plans and physician-hospital organizations to support disease and patient management programs, including Allina Medica, Humana Health Plans, Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Missouri.
- Worked with large self-insured employers to implement catastrophic case management programs and disease management programs–including diabetes, asthma, cancer, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Developed patient outcome measures to evaluate the impact of disease management programs. These measures included reduced emergency use, reduced readmission rates, improved short-form 36 health status measures, increased compliance with prescription drug therapies, reduced cholesterol levels, reduced high blood pressure readings, and reduced lost work time.
- Performed speaking engagements for trade organizations on disease and patient management, and published many articles in peer-reviewed journals and trade journals on the topic.
- Obtained from the University of California, Los Angeles, a Ph.D. in Health Planning and Policy, and a Masters in Public Health in infectious disease epidemiology–providing a strong clinical, statistical, and methodological background.